Your kids is so fat......

Started by
33 comments, last by jdturner11 11 years, 4 months ago
Interestingly it might have happened for real before: http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=TS18691231.2.12

Not hard to believe, considering:
Advertisement
Is there a definitive explanation of how it was faked by the people who made it? Like I said before, I can imagine that the part where the kid is actually in the air is faked either with a prop or maybe even with some post processing, but I'd have a hard time believing that the eagle wasn't really there grabbing at something.

If it is all composited by computer I'd be extremely impressed.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Is there a definitive explanation of how it was faked by the people who made it? Like I said before, I can imagine that the part where the kid is actually in the air is faked either with a prop or maybe even with some post processing, but I'd have a hard time believing that the eagle wasn't really there grabbing at something.

Yes, there was one link provided in the "case closed" post.

It was done as an academic project. I don't believe the students at at the art school ever purported it to be real. It was tweeted and retweeted and spread virally (including here), but I don't think anyone involved claimed it to be true.

[quote name='cowsarenotevil' timestamp='1355955388' post='5012615']

Yes, there was one link provided in the "case closed" post.

It was done as an academic project. I don't believe the students at at the art school ever purported it to be real. It was tweeted and retweeted and spread virally (including here), but I don't think anyone involved claimed it to be true.
[/quote]

So the link works for you? Because it's broken for me.
Although now that I look at it it does make sense that both the kid and eagle are totally fake because it would make the overlapping shadows easier. It's still incredibly accurate though.

So the link works for you? Because it's broken for me.
Yes. The important bit:
A Montreal animation school has fessed up that the "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" on YouTube is a fake, created by three students in its three-year animation and digital design degree program.
"Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards," the school, Centre NAD, said in a statement Wednesday.[/quote]
I totally believed it at first, but when brx posted the 'fake expose' video, I figured it was fake, the movement of the child after the eagle loses hold is wrong, as noted in that video. The trajectory is odd, and there is no apparent weight to the child or parts of the child, it acts as a rigid body, it doesn't slump or sag or twist as though the eagle let go with one claw and then the other. It moves at an upward angle too far before it's trajectory turns down. I'm sure it could be picked to pieces with further analysis.
Yes. The important bit:
A Montreal animation school has fessed up that the "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" on YouTube is a fake, created by three students in its three-year animation and digital design degree program.
"Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards," the school, Centre NAD, said in a statement Wednesday.

[/quote]
So all the golden eagles I shot today... oh god. D:
i still think it looks real...
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
I love how some people are STILL arguing that it actually is real, in the comments to the "case closed" article :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement